A little while back, on a random but spring-y Thurday, our pals, the Jackson's, made the trip from Spanish Fork to Sandy. (Yes, I'll pause for applause...)
Now. Back to the story. While they were up here, we decided to show off some of Sandy's most desirable parks. You know, to brag a bit. (They were totally awe-struck, if you must know. They don't have parks like this in Spanish Fork.)
We got there and it was the perfect temperature. Meaning, cozy and comfortable with a hoodie on and the sun toasting your back as you watch your kids romp through monkey bars and slides. (We won't mention the wood chip throwing and random swigs from an opened and abandoned water bottle. Because we are responsible parents.)
So, the four adults were sitting on a park bench, cracking jokes and sharing stories. Paige had run off to monitor Nash. He was taking a joy ride on some other kids push-bike. (We invite opportunities to teach other kids how to share around here.) Cam was holding our attention with some off the wall story. And Tyler and I were intently listening. By now you must know that Cam is the talker in our relationship. And I am the loving listener.
This is what I heard.
Cam: "Blah. Blah. Blah. (I wasn't really paying attention.) You know, (I fazed back into the conversation) I really hate redundancy. I really do."
Erin: "Um, Cam? You were just redundant in your complaint."
Cam stopped for a minute, probably thinking that couldn't possibly be true. And then, being the man he is, he admitted I was right. Because I really was.
So, after giggling and teasing Cam, we decided to print that saying on a t-shirt someday.
And that is how were are going to get filthy rich.
2 comments:
Wait, what about the part when I returned, and Cam told me his line, then proceeded to explain to me why it was redundant. Not to be condescending, Cam, (which means to talk down to) but I didn't need an explanation!!!
PS--I'd really like one of your redundancy shirts. I REALLY would.
And, I'll print up some condescending shirts.
We'll now be billionaires for sure.
you are the funniest people in the world. seriously. I am laughing my head off. And I want one of those shirts.
Post a Comment