5.14.2009

Literally


A couple nights ago we watched the movie The Prince of Egypt with the kids. They were full of questions as usual. And Cam and I tried to answer them as best we could, in kid language. How do you explain to a three year old why the Pharaoh wanted to kill all of the Hebrew baby boys? Without causing some alarm and confusion?

They were little sponges, soaking up every scene of the movie.

So, it was no surprise that today at breakfast Anders asked, "Mom, do we have to put Stela in a basket and send her down the river?"
At first, I was confused. What?
Then the light bulb miraculous came on. "Oh, Ands, we don't have to do that. Stela is ours forever."
To Anders obvious relief he said, "Oh, Good. Because we love her, mom. We don't want to put her in a basket and send her down the river. That would be scary. And so so sad. And we would miss her."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that movie, and that story made me tear up. i know, i do that easily...lars told me its one of my spiritual gifts, the gift of crying...who knew?

GageThompson said...

Seriously, how do you not love Anders. And , I love that movie too. Good thing we get to keep Stellies forever.
You'll come visit me in my lower kingdom won't you?

CUTRER said...

we I could have sent some of my kids down the river! No I love them but all kidding aside could we really do that? tell me the river and I am there!

Anonymous said...

gretchen!! shut up.