4.21.2009

True of False

I compiled a little list of things we did this week. Some of them actually happened. Some of them didn't.

1. After examining a strange bruise on the nape of Anders neck, I asked him what had happened. He told me that at school, there was a big kid who pushed him on the playground. Cam and I then talked about being bullied and how to react and respond. First, get a parent or a teacher and explain what is going on. Second, if no adult is present, leave the situation. If that doesn't work, fight back. And then Cam explained exactly where to punch someone. In the face. A little too much for a three year old?

2. Upon showing Cam the bruise, he laughed and said, "That was me. I gave Anders a hickey."

3. I danced and lip synched to ABBA, while doing the dishes.

4. I let Estela crawl around and eat dirt while I abandoned my mothering duties to garden.

5. Cam and I had root beer floats for a late night snack, after the kids had gone to bed. Because there wasn't enough ice cream for the whole family.

6. I decided to like running.

7. Ady and Anders took 3 baths within a 2 day time frame. And each bath was about thirty minutes and blissful confinement.

8. I've watched the first thirty minutes of Happy Feet about 10 times this week.

9. I went on a bike ride. For the first time. On my bike. In seven years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm, im confused. i know you let stela eat dirt, i just know that you did. and i know you went on a bike ride bc i went with you, and the rest i believe to be true too except, i dont think you decided to like running.. you are lying there. and i dont think you lip synched to ABBA, i think you sang your heart out.

Krista said...

can we hang out again? I miss you.

CUTRER said...

gotta love family time! Paul and I just the other ate home made Chocolate chip cookies after the kids went down to bed just so that we could get them first! and once we decided that Ice cream was dinner, ok that has happen more than any one should know....