Is there anything better than a hardy belly-filled round of the giggles?
Yes. Yes, there is. And, yes, I just answered my own question. Because I like to talk to myself.
The one and only thing that can trump a fit of the giggles is being scared to death minutes before bursting into fits of laughter. You know what I'm talking about.
Consider it your lucky day, because I have such a story for you.
Cam and I went over to visit Lysa and Scott, Cam's sister and brother-in-law, one afternoon. We just showed up, something we normally do, unannounced and unfortunately no one was home. We were loading back up in the car and as I was buckling my seat belt I looked out the drivers side window and saw the Grim Reaper... staring me dead in the eye. I may have said something like "ai yai yai yai yai yai!!!" rapid fire and in an extremely high pitched voice, naturally. Oh....wait, that was probably Cam. My response was void of sound. I simply couldn't breathe. My pulse quickened and my heart stopped. Everything got very cold and I lost all hope of happiness in the world as I watched the Grim Reaper eeriely float toward our car. What's that? Sounds like a Dementor from Harry Potter, you say? Hmmm...Could have been. I mean I was scared to death which is why I assumed it was Mr. Reaper coming to take my soul, but now that I think about it, it very well could have been a Dementor. Interesting....
Anyways--- courageously Cam rolled down his window and cautiously began a conversation with Mr. Death who was lurking inches away from his window. "Wow!!! You really startled me!!!! Can I, uh, help you???" Yes, my husband just asked this crazy and completely strange stranger if he could help him. That Cameron, so thoughtful. Anways, while they were conversing I was having a panic attack and possibly a mini stroke. First from being startled by this crazy man that appeared out of no where next to the car. Second because he looked a little unstable. And third because my husband was starting to ask about Mr. Reapers life history. As Cam had finished his introduction I paused, waiting to hear exactly what this guy may possibly want. The death seeker's only reply was "Do you have any cans?"
What?
Apparently the Grim Reaper in this neighborhood is into recycling. And not our soul's recycling, but Scott and Lysa's... precious Diet Coke cans.
Phew! Serious catastrophe averted.
Cam then informed their neighbor (aka the Grim Reaper/Dementor) that Scott and Lysa weren't home and to come back later. We watched suspiciosuly as good old Grim floated onto his next house.
We then put the car in reverse and backed away, laughing harder and longer than I've laughed in a long long time.
4.21.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
holy spooky. That story is a crack up. I don't think I would have let Johnny go so far as to roll down the window. major spooks.
That is hilarious! Too bad Scott & Lys weren't home - he would have hit the jack-pot.
You are so hilarious erin! Poor Edgar. He just wanted his cans...We do have 2 bags saved up for him and now by the time he comes around next month, he will have 4 so he will have hit the jackpot.
i can just picture cam getting mr. reapers's life story. and i wish i could have seen your face. hee hee hee
Yikes, I would have never talked to him!
Nice skills Cam.
Why does this sort of stuff happen to you? That is hilarious. Also, you should write books.
Post a Comment