1.05.2009

Lucky Number Nine


So, it's been nine years. Nine sweet years of living in matrimonial bliss with this guy. ;)
It just so happens that I don't drink, but if I did...I'd pop open a vintage bottle of wine. (But for today we'll settle for some Martinelli's Apple Cider bubbly stuff. Just as good without the tipsy.) And I'd propose a toast...

It might go something like:


For nine years, we have shuffled up to bed together after watching the news. This is our little routine, only interrupted when I get upstairs before you and turn every light off and wait in a dark place to jump out and startle you. I hear your panic-stricken giggle as you scramble up the stairs and fish around for the light switch, hoping to get the lights on before I jump out and scare you. For these past nine years, this little game has never gotten old. In fact, it tends to get more and more humorous, if not addictive. I plan on racing up the stairs before you even when I have to use my cane, or one of those elevator chairs. Because I love you...that much.

So cheers! (clink glasses) Here's to nine years past and many more to come!

9 comments:

Krista said...

9 years! Has it really been that long. I love the scaring part on that post. It makes me giggle. I would be the one enjoying giving the scare but NOT receiving the scare.

Anonymous said...

Erin you are so cute, but i picture cam in the elevator chair and you still being able to walk with a cane. the advantage there is you can hit him on the head over and over as he tries to make the elevator chair go faster..

Anonymous said...

Cute! And happy anniversary...you make nine years look fabulous!

GageThompson said...

Erin, you are really are so sweet. Cam couldn't have found a better wife. I promote Lysas idea..you should totally hit Cam on the head with your cane...what could he do about it really?
Congrats on 9 years! Cheers.

Anonymous said...

You're totally lucky to have me.

CUTRER said...

I have a cane if you need it really I do. (Paul has hurt his anckel 5 x this past 6 month I finaly said enough)
Well I will lift my glass to you two and drink up. I still play funny games w/Paul and the kids laugh... Keep it up

Tamar said...

9 years! Holy cows, that means Bill and I are coming up on 9 years in May--crazy!! I loved your toast, thanks for sharing, it totally captures the histarical humor present in the Erin/Cam relationship. You guys are awesome, like a couple of Peter Pans, I hope you don't ever grow up! Love you and Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

im surprised cam doesnt already have an elevator chair

Brown Town Mom said...

Okay, Erin. I am having a heart attack. I got your blog from Jenn, and I can't believe you've been married that long! We just passed eleven, and that seems impossible.
So good to see your totally cute kids.
If you want, go check us out at
www.enjoyingthechaos.blogspot.com
Angela Brown (Goguen)