There are many things to love about the Christmas season. Personally, I love the many traditions we have during this time of year. I thought I would share with you a favorite tradition that has been around for a long time. The Swedish Santa. Although this tradition, I'm told, has been around for a long, long time, I didn't have the fortune of witnessing the Swedish Santa and all his glory until last year. And let me tell you, he didn't disappoint. As you can see from the footage, The Swedish Santa is very old. And, yea, that is his skin falling off. But, the look on the kids faces and the way they scurry about with excitement when he comes to visit Christmas Eve is priceless. Some of you may be wondering, "why does the Swedish Santa have such a high-pitched "ho-ho-ho" and "why does he have to shake each child when greeting them?" I should think the answer obvious. But if you must know, it's simply that he is Swedish.
Also, Anders impersonation of the Swedish Santa is excellent. He puts his hand up to one-side of his face mushing it all up and says, "Look mom, I'm the Swedish Santa."
I can't wait until next year.
5 comments:
Ok, That was a little creepy, but I can understand tradition. I loved hearing your voice on this clip, it has been so long Erin! I stopped my blog, but I do intend to start another one someday soon...it will be private though, I'll let you know and send you an invite:)
Happy New Year!
Annie
Okay, i havent laughed that hard in a long time... thanks erin, what would i do without you?
ya'll are CRAZY. We won't be inviting that Santa any time soon ;0)
oops sorry that's me Lucy
Oh my gosh..I must confess I've got this strange combination of laughing out loud and feeling just a little frightened!
How did such a thing come to be?
Post a Comment