Late as usual. It's part of my charm, right?
I was doing the dishes (which is my best productive thinking time) and random life events, memories really, flashed through my mind. These little memories are always bouncing around in my brain but are somewhat insignificant. Rich memories that didn't quite alter my life or decisions, rather they held some sweetness during some salty times of my life.
I was lucky enough to move during my sophomore year of high school. Being your average, shy introvert, I weathered the change fair to partly well. Sort of. It wasn't the best year of my life. But, when your fifteen, being melodramatic comes with the territory.
So, my first day of high school was pretty uneventful. Which means, I don't think I talked to anyone. Not one single person. Except for teachers. But they don't count. One girl, in my art class at the end of the day, smiled at me. No big deal, right? In fact, this memory pops into my mind frequently. That one little gesture made that day a little more bearable. And made my awkward fifteen year old self actually smile back.
My point is, I'm grateful for this little memory and the many others like it. The small things that make a storm cloud thin just enough to let some sunshine through.
3 comments:
that makes me cry
Beautiful sentiment and beautifull written too. We should all take the time focus our gratitude on the small graces that help us make it through.
that makes me cry too. If only the girl that smiled new the amazing person she was smiling at...
Post a Comment