11.25.2008

Tickle

I have a favorite comedian, Dimitri Martin. And he has a joke....about being tickled. To paraphrase, it goes something like, "If someone asks you if you're ticklish, they are going to touch you. The only way to get them to not touch you, is to scare them. So next time someone asks you if you are ticklish just say, "I have diarrhea."
Now, my little niece Izabele was being chased by her cousins, who were in fact trying to tickle her. And Cam, being the caring and overprotective uncle that he is, pulled Izzy aside and told her the words of wisdom he learned from Dimitri Martin. A look of gratitude washed over Izzy's face.
At the next family get-together Izzy came up to Cam and said, "Cam, some boys at school were trying to tickle me and I told them what you told me. I said, "I have diarrhea." And it worked!!! They ran away!! "
So, remember, not all jokes are meant to be funny. And, the next time someone wants to tickle you, you now know what to do.


2 comments:

Krista said...

oooo. so smart. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

Anonymous said...

the story wont show up on my comp for some reason, so all i saw is the pic of her