10.21.2008

Normal


Lately Ady has been affectionately saying, "Mom, I'm excited for you to get back to normal."

The first couple of times she said this I said, "Yeah. Me too." I figured she was politely commenting on how patient, relaxed and well rested I've been acting since Estela has been added to our lives.

One afternoon last week, she made the comment again and I asked, "Ady, what exactly do you mean by 'normal'?"

She looked at me and giggled a little bit. Then, shyly, she said, "Well, when your were pregnant you were kind of big...and fat. I'm excited for you to be normal again."

Ohhhhh. Riiight. Got it.

I just laughed and said, "Me too, Ady."

When I told Cam the message Ady has been softly telling me, he also laughed and reassured me by saying, "You know kids. They always tell the truth......"

Ummm-Hmmmmm.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you smack him?!???

Anonymous said...

Erin you look great, dont listen to cam, hes still trying to get back to normal too...

paige said...

Can a woman give birth to three kids in under 5 years and get a break???? Sheeeeeeesh!

paige said...

ps--you look amazing, and please do smack cam

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ummm...yeah. My wife is the biggest dork ever. I was just checking her Iphone to see what the five day forecast looks like and then scrolled through the other cities that she's tracking and I saw "Forks". Because I gave never heard of this town, I asked Erin about it (thinking that maybe she was trading in this fantastically delicious, smokin' hot slab of lean sexy me). She told me with a guilty smirk, "umm, that's where Edward lives". Yeah, that's normal! She is tracking the weather of the town where a fictional vampire lives. Not normal!

Krista said...

ahhhh. Is cameron in the dog house tonight? That is too funny!

CUTRER said...

normal!!!! What does that mean really? I haven't seen normal for over 12 yrs. How sweet of Cam to back up he kids, now you back up the car and ok Cam I will let that slide, your wife look normal when she was prego. You go cute Erin you look great always.

Mama said...

Nice, love it. 3 kids in 5 yrs? That's what I'm gonna have to do, and not looking forward to it. Well, the prego part, at least.
You're fam is beautiful! Where do you live? I don't know how to figure out what your email address is, but I think if you respond to this, I have it set up to send me an email. Try that.

Anonymous said...

Erin i get that you want to know what the weather is like where edward lives,.. its important, if its to sunny he will die and we could never have that

Krista said...

ha ha ha. forks. oh erin. you crack me up!