5.07.2008

Drama



About a week ago we (meaning Ady, Anders and I) were at Coo-Coo's house hanging around. Her cousins Oliver and Soyer were there too. The kids were just playing and goofing around. Then all of a sudden it got really quiet. And lets be honest. We all know what that means.
Jill has a sweet bathtub in her master bathroom that the kids have repeatedly been told not to play in or touch. But in classic 'kid' fashion, they don't listen. I go in the room to find Ady in the tub with her clothes on all soapy. Anders, Ollie and Soyer were standing outside the tub, soaping up as well.
I put Ady in time-out and once again told her not to play in the bathtub, turn on the water, play in the soap, etc. She took the scolding pretty hard. After being in time-out she had the hiccup cries of trying to calm herself down. I gave her a big hug. She then burst back into tears saying, "Mommy! You've ruined my life! Now Santa and Jesus are mad at me!"
How's that for a guilt trip?

6 comments:

lucy said...

that's awesome!

Krista said...

oh santa and Jesus. that is really sad. I hope you learned your lesson erin!

Emily said...

that is so funny! I love it! At least she takes it to heart when you put her in time out. When I get mad at Kate she just says " oh am I in time out now?" it's like no discipline works around this house! At least Ady has a conscience!

paige said...

you should of just gone ahead and ruined her life with "oh yeah, Santa's not even REAL!" that'll teach her. heeeheeeheee.

Tamar said...

This is now on my list of top ten favorite kid quotes of all time. How funny and dramatic little kids can be...especially girls!! Well, good job being a good mom and making Santa and Jesus get mad at your kid. I applaud you! I only hope that I too can reach this new height of child discipline. Fabulous story!

Chelsea said...

EEEn that doesn't make any sense. haha