4.17.2008

Sarcasm

I sent Cam to the grocery store for ice cream and dough nuts (good combination, don't you think?) on his way home from work last night.

While he was at the check out the cashier (I'm picturing a high school student) asked Cam if he wanted to donate a dollar to Primary Children's Hospital. Classically Cam responded, "No. I hate children."
The stunned cashier just looked at him, confused for a moment, until Cam said, "I'm just kidding."
After Cam finished paying and collected the items, the cashier mumbled, "Bye. I hope you...choke on...the food you just bought."
Thinking about this conversation still makes me laugh out loud.

11 comments:

Texas Birds said...

We love how detailed you are- when we miss home we read your blog and feel like we just spent some time at the white house! Cam makes us laugh when we're not even there. Thanks for sharing the laugh!

paige said...

i'm still laughing!!! i've been missing your blog!!!

Krista said...

he he. that is so funny. It's so funny when people just don't get the humor.

Emily said...

that is hilarious because that is so his personality! So FUnny!

Anonymous said...

I've actually seen cAM in the throes of a hyena fit and choking on his own spit. You don't want to see a head that size engorged and sputtering. It would make you put down your doughnut.

lucy said...

lol. that's too funny. you guys are great

The Cundick Family said...

So Funny, sounds like something My husband would say...I hate going to the grocery store this time of year because I simply can't say no! I feel so guilty because Landon was a "resident" in the NICU at PCMC when he was born so I feel obligated to donate every single time....at least I know it's for a wonderful cause.

Annie said...

Oh Erin, if you knew how much this is so like my husband you would be amazed. I call it his super duper Canadian humor...no one gets it, especially in Vegas. We could probably really compare stories...I love it, it keeps it interesting!

Anonymous said...

Umm, where was i when they were putting soap all over themselves?

Anonymous said...

Cam is the most classice person, especially when it comes to talking to strangers. He is so funny..hehe. I wish I would've been there.

Anonymous said...

Cam is the most classice person, especially when it comes to talking to strangers. He is so funny..hehe. I wish I would've been there.