3.25.2008

In My Head

I admit it freely. I am a wimp. I prefer to call my self an overly analytical thinker. But if we must get technical, then wimpy I am.


There have been promotional commercials for the I Am Legend movie, with Will Smith, flashing through my brain which led me to this random post.

First of all, a little background story. On our anniversary Cam and I usually do the creative date night of dinner and a movie. When we were newlyweds we vowed to always go big and celebrate our anniversary. Hence, the dinner and a movie. We really know how to liven things up.
Our movie choices on our anniversary have been somewhat questionable. Alright, they are all either down right depressing or a huge waste of time. A couple years ago we saw Gangs of New York, which at best is just a gory film. Last year we saw Children of Men which I wouldn't call uplifting. Keeping with tradition, we added to our great list with I Am Legend this year.

Now, I must disclose that Cameron liked this movie. But I did not, for a number of reasons. As stated before, I am a wimp. Although his movie is not defined as a horror flick, it was to me. In the theater I was sitting next to another girl who just as jumpy and terrified as I was, which made every thing a little more intense. We both jumped back into our seats to things which we not supposed to be startling. Something about crazy zombies roaming the streets makes me a little on edge.

Also, I need closure. Especially in a movie that has these crazy people running loose. I need to know that the crazy people have vanished and peace has been restored. I don't like things just ending. Knowing that, for weeks after seeing the movie I come up with my own conclusions, my way of restoring peace. This includes countless hours of innumerable endings that could take place, both bad and good.
The analytical part also takes hold of me. I have to apply these things to the universe itself and what would happen if this really did take place. How would I survive? What would my family do? I get a bit over-excessive, I can't help it.
So weeks and months after seeing this horror flick and finally letting it go, everything is summoned back to the surface as these commercials flash across the tv. Another reason why I'm so in love with TiVo.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Funny...Jeff came home with this movie on Bluray yesterday. He loved it, I hated it. I know! Why don't we let the guys watch it at my house and we'll go out to a girly movie! And they can tend the kids!

Annie said...

You are strong than me E- I refuse to see it. Marc wants to so bad...he can watch it himself though. I am like you...I think about it forever afterward...No Thanks!!

paige said...

now i know how to scare the crap out of you on Halloween...forget the haunted houses! when the hell are you going to come and see us? get your butts down to SC!!! we miss you!

cAM said...

Paige...funny! Erin...Wussy! Annie...far away! Jen...dreaming!

Krista said...

dude, I totally have some of the same feelings. the other day I came across a youtube video with an "alternative ending." I tried to start watching it and totally freaked myself out! I only watched 5 seconds of it. I'm a dork. Are we still on for tomorrow?