11.11.2007

Stuck in the Mud


So, I've been tagged. Woo. Woo. Here's some of my past. I hope it is somewhat interesting...

Job's I've had:


-
Behavioral Instructor for Children with Autism.
I actually worked with one girl, whom I adore but have not seen in years. :( It was a great job, although tiring at times. I felt like I learned so much about behavior and children. If only I could apply it to mine!!!

-Boys and Girls Club Counselor
My job through college. Very fun, but also very exhausting.

-Girls Scouts Counselor
Yes, I know the motto, the songs, the badges. It was mostly with kids who needed a place to go after school, but the girls loved it! And as a Junior scout myself, I loved reminiscing. (I know totally nerdy)

-TJ Maxx sales associate
Thank you to Jill for getting me the job for the summer, but it was not so much fun.

-Dry Cleaning Clerk (Battiston's of Simsbury)
This was my job through high school. It was only fun because I had two of the most hilarious people to work with. My friends Koa and Amanda kept me constantly laughing. It wasn't really a job. We spent most of the time running through racks of clothes, shooting plastic tags at each other, eating, gossiping. You know, really mature stuff. I have great memories of Koa filling her face with some sandwich from Fitzy's, and Amanda making a mad dash for the bathroom before she peed her pants.

-Quality Control Inspector at ball bearing plant (or as I refer to it, The Ball Factory)
In full disclosure, my dad got me this job during my senior year. He was running the plant, so I got to pick my hours and it paid well. What was most interesting was the people who worked there. I sat between Lourdes and Yadwiga at my microscope and inspected ball bearings for 4 hours during school, eight during the summer. It was definitely an experience.

-Intramural Referee
I had to include this, but it really shouldn't count. I got a job at USU to referee the intramural sports. I thought I could be tough and intimidating. When it came down to it I was getting yelled at by the teams because I was too wimpy to make calls. I would just let things slide. That job only lasted a couple days and panic attacks.

-Mommy
This is the 'kitchen sink' job. It requires everything of you and more. And honestly, there is no other job in the world that I would rather have. (awwwww) SO cheesy and so true.


Job's I'd Like To Have:


-Professional Organizer: (clean sweep variety) I love love love to organize. I get it from my mom. (Thanks mom!!!)

-Interior Designer: Like to decorate.

-Architect: If only I could be good at math, even better geometry. It's like another language.

-Professional Shopper: Shopping with other peoples money. Fabulous!

-Chef at a quaint,sheik restaurant (preferable one I owned, think Spanglish): I like to cook, but I would love to be able to cook without a recipe. How do they know what will taste good together??? How do they do that??

-Travel Critic: I love to travel. Unfortunately I haven't been to very many places, but I have big dreams!! I would love to find awesome places to visit and write about them.

-Author: If only I could think of a great story like Harry Potter, Twilight or anything for that matter. My imagination just can't reach that level. Darn it.


Movies I la-la-love:


-Shakespeare in Love

-Pride & Prejudice

-Love Actually

-Dirty Dancing ("Nobody puts baby in a corner.")

-Notting Hill

-American Beauty

-My Life

-Shopgirl

-Napolean Dynamite

-Dan in Real Life


I can't help it. I get my only romance from movies. What's a girl to do?


Books I la-la-love:


-Harry Potter

-Twilight Series

-Anne of Green Gables (a classic)

-Pride & Prejudice

-The Time Traveler's Wife

-Eragon (Inheritance Series)

-I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)


Favorite Things To Do:


-Relax

-Read

-Cook & Eat

-Dancing with my family (especially to Niel Diamond)

-Travel

-Watch favorite TV shows

-Go on walks


Places I've lived:


-Utah: Sandy, Cottonwood Heights, Draper, Provo, Logan

-Paxton, Massachusetts

-Simsbury, Connecticut


Favorite Foods:

-French Fries

-Apple pie a la mode

-Pears

-Pomegranates

-Cheese ( I am a McEnitre)

-Hot Chocolate (and any other variety of chocolate)

-Toast


Places I'd Rather Be:

-New England in the Fall (if we are dreaming, my own cabin on the lake in Maine)

-Newport, Rhode Island

-Nantucket

-Hawaii, or anywhere tropical

-Australia or New Zealand (because I've never been)

-Europe (for the same reason as above)


My Favorite Words:


I have embarrassing words I use all the time. Words that I shouldn't say but somehow still do:

- fo' sho

- fo' reals

- like

- totally

-hil-arious

-awesome

-way cool

I am not a valley girl (I swear), although apparently I sound like one.

Words that I do like:

-friggin' idiot

-dyno-MITE

-interesting (said in the best Mr. Burns voice one can muster)

-Helllooooo (seinfeld)


TAG:

Annalisa, Annie, Krista, and Tammy! Let's hear it girls!!!















1 comments:

Jen said...

OK...SO much fun to read! We have the same taste in so many things. I saw you 2 days ago and miss you already! Lets get together soon!