11.11.2007
Always
I was driving the kids to school with my sister-in-law Lysa and somehow we got on the subject of Grandpa Woody & Grandma Bonnie's song, Always (Frank Sinatra). The song was stuck in Lysa's head. Every morning she woke-up to it, went to sleep to it and hummed it through-out the day. Cam and I had the pleasure of living with Woody a couple of years ago. We have some great memories. Most of them are of Grandpa Woody's little idiosyncrasies. (ie. Had to have ice cream in a certain dish with a certain spoon. Had to have total in the morning with 5, yes 5, cheerios and a banana. Had to watch fox news or pbs. Saluting his picture of Bonnie every night before going to bed. Sleeping with his car keys.) Woody loved to listen to random cd's of his favorite songs. Whenever his 'Always' song would come on we would always hear about his Bonnie. Since Lysa and I hummed out a few lines from the song, the curse has moved onto me. I now find myself humming the song, singing the words throughout the day. Even when I try to get stuck on a different song, my mind just keeps switching back. I did go through an Usher phase with the song 'Yeah' a while back when Ady was born. Every time I would wake-up to feed Ady it would be to 'yeah, yeah, yeah'. Funny what gets stuck in your head, huh?
Posted by
Erin
at
11/11/2007 07:18:00 PM
Labels: family love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Maaarrrriiiiaaaaaaaaaa
I love Woody stories...I wish I knew him.
Post a Comment