11.21.2007
Sell Out
We are in Target (Favorite store. You can buy milk and a cute shirt all at once. Such a great idea!) and Anders has found these (hideous) Lightning McQueen shoes. He promptly sits down, throws off his flip flops, I mean, literally throws isles away, and puts on these bright red shoes. With the elastic string still binding the shoes together, he baby steps his way over to me and says, "Look mom! Lighting Keen shoes!! See! See mom!!!" Groan. Ugly shoes that are $10 dollars. Boo. Somehow Anders has super glued these shoes to his feet and I am imagining the worlds worst temper tantrum when I have so scrap them off. I told myself that I would never succumb to the mass hysteria child marketing schemes. An occasional pajama set in superman I would allow, but big red, ugly Lightning McQueen shoes? Puh-lease!!!! Luckily there was a knight in shining armor at Target that day: Coo-Coo (aka grandma). She offered to buy the beastly shoes and I sighed a glorious,"Thank you." and moved on. I feel like I haven't compromised my position on the over-marketed Disney brands since they were a gift from the grandma. And although I don't exactly love the shoes, Anders is in heaven. He'll keep these shoes on, which is a miracle in and of itself. Now, if I could only get him to wear pants........
Posted by
Erin
at
11/21/2007 10:15:00 PM
Labels: family love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my gosh! Can I just say, if I looked as good as you do, I would do nothing all day but stare at my beautiful self in the mirror! Moving on...I loved your detailed description of the shoe episode at Target, how many times has that happened to me?? I can totally relate. I'm with you on avoiding the commercialized apparell, yuck, but sometimes it's worth the joy on their cute little faces to give in. Maddy had a hand-me-down Dora the Explorer t-shirt that she wore every chance she got this summer, it was the most gaudy looking thing I've seen in my life, but she loved it so much...what is that?? Anyway, just a little note to say "I love your blog!!!" You are such a hilarious, positive, down-to-earth, beautiful and amazing mom/wife/sister/friend. I love so much that your are still as silly and mischievous as EVER, you are the best and don't ever forget it! Love ya tons!! Tam
Oh Er, I cannot quite relate...yet...but I know it's coming. yikes. I thought I would know exactly what to do with autistic therapy too. Nope with the mini tantrums at home it's not quite working like I planned! Just so you know my little nephew has the same shoes as anders now. I love that Jill bought them too. :) Gotta love wonderful grandmas.
You're amazing!!!
Great picture! Funny story...Thank goodness for Grandmas (Coo-coos!)
Don't worry Erin, when with her 3 yr old, my sister-in-law starts every conversation off with...."she dressed herself today"
Post a Comment