11.21.2007

"Everyone loves a good jazz square"



We went to High School Musical on Ice last Saturday. Totally awesome! Isn't Troy so dreamy?!? After getting the run-down from Lysa, I now feel somewhat educated on the latest Disney phenomenon. My favorite part of the show was watching Ady, who has no idea what High School Musical is (thank goodness). It was fun to have some girly mom and daughter time. Thanks to Jill for having such a brainy idea and the pocketbook to treat us!!!!!


One thing about the White family that is deeply ingrained if not programmed in them is their punctuality. For some reason this family feels that they need to be ten minutes early to everything. Fashionably late, which is my family's standard for everything, does not exist to the White's. So, with that said, we left for High School Musical with a good 45 minute window of time. (Taking 20 minutes to drive downtown and ample time to park.) On the freeway we hear this huge rock hit the under carriage of Lysa's suburban followed by this quiet fizzing sound. Being somewhat of a panicky person I say, "Listen, I think you hit something. It doesn't sound good." Jill, being an extremely panicky person agreed, "Oh, Lysa, you hit something! It's really bad! You should be more careful. Oh my goodness! You need to slow down!" Lysa, never panicking, says, "Would everyone calm down! I just hit a rock. We are going to be fine." And then for some reason that fizzing sound got louder and louder. We had a flat tire. So, in a car full of 9 girls we pulled to the side of the freeway, still with ample time to change a tire and get to High School Musical (thanks to the White's and their meticulous time management skills). Luckily I have a suburban which has had it's fair share of flat tires. I watched Cam change them, so of course I knew what I was doing....;) I got as far as finding the spare and lowering it, and then I was stumped. Lysa called the Highway Patrol. While we were trying to figure things out, Alonzo, a guy on his way to work pulled over to help. Thankfully he and the police officer were able to change the tire and get us back on the road. We made it to the show just in time!!!! We owe Alonzo a huge thanks not only for stopping to help, but also for letting us document and post the event on my blog. Also, a big thanks to Dasa for taking minute by minute pictures.



1 comments:

Krista said...

that is too funny. I love the funny panicky part. What a great idea to do with the girls too. you guys are cool.