Allow me a moment of gushy emotion-filled thank-yous. As we are all preparing to stuff our stomachs full of traditional favorites, I can't help but reflect on the past year (and lives) and give a 'shout-out' for copious amounts of blessings I have been so freely given. There are so many to speak of, and I'm sure it would be quite boring to list them all. I am only going to mention the tippety-top blessing on my list, for which I am deeply indebted too and most gracious for: family.
I know, this is an easy and obvious thank-you, but with that simplicity I can't stand by and mention nothing about these wonderful people that surround me everyday. So, take a deep breath and (hopefully) enjoy my Oscar speech of thank yous....
My ma and pa: To my dad: Thanks for great breakfasts and tackling my never-ending list of fix-its with optimism (or as much as you can muster). My mom: I can't say enough how grateful I am for you. I could not make it out of the house with my two kids without you. Literally. I love talking to you about anything and everything. I hope you both know how much I appreciate you.
Scott & Lysa: I owe Scott a continual thank you for all the work he has ever done for us on our homes. Poor guy not only had to fix things, but try to teach Cam how to fix stuff as well. (That didn't work out as well as we'd hoped.) And I must add a belated thank you for all those Del Taco runs you made at 9:30 at night while I was pregnant with Ady. As for Lysa, my life would surely be boring and dull without you around. Everything is 10x funnier when you are there. I'm so glad you laugh at my stupid jokes and climb on board with my quirky ideas.
Jay & Anna: I know I've said it a million times, but I could not have picked anyone better for my brother than Anna. You are very talented and I am continually in awe by the projects you master. Making really cute skirts, renovating a home, having two babies and a job, really, you amaze me. If only you could rub off some of that talent and ambition on me!!! Jay, you are always so laid back and easy-going. It is one of my favorite things about you. Whenever I talk to you on the phone there is always this relaxed aura in the background. So, thank you for helping me to remember to take a deep breath every now and then.
Zach & Das: I must mention all of Zach's good natured teasing. He, like his brother, is in constant tease mode. You're laugh is frozen in my head. Thanks for making me not take myself too seriously. And thanks for making me go to all of those scary haunted houses. Dasa, I feel like you are my partner in crime at times. When I'm trying to play tricks and be sneaky (ie drawing on Jill's face during our girls night out) you are always up for it. You are also very intuitive and caring. Thanks for listening to me rant and rave and then giving me sound advice.
Gretch & Troy: I'm reluctantly thankful for Troy's never ending teases and junior high sense of humor. I mostly think it's funny when you are teasing Jill. And, even though my kids have destroyed something almost every time they come to your house, you still let me come over. So, thanks for your patience. :) Goops, thanks for being a great sister and friend. You are so genuine and loving to everyone. I have always admired that about you. You are fun to be with and easy to laugh with. I just love being around you.
Zach:Thanks for being so loving to Ady and Anders. You are so kind and patient when they want to play in your room and rummage through all your stuff. I'm inspired by how involved you are at school. You're very willing to try new things and I really admire that about you.
Ty & Chelsea: Thank you for eating our left overs. Somebody's gotta do it and we appreciate you guys taking one for the team. You both are welcome anytime for some late night movies and junk food runs. I love getting to know you, Chelsea. I owe you a huge hug next time I see you for just simply dating Tyler. ;) Ty: I love how you gobble up my kids. Nothing is sweeter. I'm so glad you came out to Utah just so I can see you more often.
I have so many people in my life to be thankful for. I hope you all know how much I appreciate every one of you!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!






1 comments:
oh my gawsh erin that was the sweetest thing ever that you said about me dating tyler. Your brother is my favorite person ever and you and your family aren't far behind.... I love all ya'll!!!
Post a Comment