10.28.2007

My List

I am a list maker. I love them....my lists. Everyday I am making some sort of list on a scrap of paper about something to remember to do. Grocery lists, House cleaning lists, pre-school lists, monthly lists...even blog lists, they all exists around here. So, I thought I should make another list.
10 THINGS I wouldn't want to live without

1. My Back to Basics Hot Chocolate Maker. No, this is not the technical term, but that is all I use it for. It makes the best hot chocolate. My sister-in-law, Lysa, gave it to me for Christmas last year and I think I have used it everyday since. It comes with recipes for all different types of hot drinks; steamers, hot chocolate, coffee. Whatever you like. But I simply use the powdered store-bought hot chocolate mix. This is my wind down end of the day snack. A cup of hot chocolate with some whip cream and toast. Does life get any better?



2. SoniCare Toothbrush. We also received these as a gift from our good pals the Jacksons. I couldn't imagine going back to a normal toothbrush now. I feel so spoiled. Like I've had my teeth cleaned professionally everyday. I know, it's kind of OCD of me. A toothbrush? But really, these are awesome.


3. The Sippy Cup. The sippy cup may need a moment of silence. They are many great things a mom needs to get through the day (i.e. blankets, favorite toys, tv shows, snacks) but the sippy cup is essential to our household's everyday life. As a mom, I feel like I am constantly getting my kids something to drink. I have tried to get Ady, my oldest, to get away from the sippy cup, but she somehow still manages to drop every glass of chocolate milk or apple juice. The sippy cup has given me at least 3 to 5 minutes of peace while they are chugging away and has saved me from cleaning up some sticky messes.


4. The Food Network. Once in a blue moon, when I get to just sit and watch tv by myself, I end up at the Food Network, drooling. Some favorite programs are: 30 minute meals, Barefoot Contessa, Semi-Homemade Cooking, Everyday Italian. The only thing better than watching other people cook would be actually being able to eat it!


5. The Internet. I know this is a very broad thing but I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have the internet. I don't even know how I would find phone numbers. How sad is it that it's sometimes easier to email than pick up the phone?! I can imagine the day when I tell my kids that I had to actually use encyclopedias and read books to write research papers. It sounds so 'stone age' now.


6. Books. I love reading. I feel incomplete if I don't have a good book to escape to. I definitely got the reading bug from my mom. She is a bookworm herself and has always nudged me into reading. Thanks mom!!! :)


7. Sweatpants and Hanes white t-shirts. I spend my life in comfy pajama-ish clothes. When I was pregnant with Ady I found the Hanes men's white t-shirts to be the most comfortable things ever. They were long enough to cover my belly and just tight enough with out cutting off circulation. I have been wearing them ever since. I try to get dressed up every now and then, but really, what is the point? I would way rather be in some cozy sweats and a t-shirt. (like I am right now.)


8. Flip Flops. Easy, comfy. Love them. Definitely can't live without.


9. Chocolate. Self-explanatory.


10. Blankets. I am a blanket girl. Having a good, cozy blanket is like a best friend.

1 comments:

Annie said...

I have heard about this hot chocolate maker...I am seriously thinking about getting Marc one for Christmas! I too am a list maker. I make so many lists I am sure it drives my sweetie crazy.

Annie