10.21.2007

The Haunted House


The Family
(Troy, Gretch, Matt, Me, Izzy, Lysa, Jill, Zach, Dasa, Scott, Sen & Cam)

It's over!!! The Haunted House is done for another year!! Hooray! It's not that I don't enjoy other Halloween festivities, I just don't like getting scared. The anticipation is what does it to me. I am going into this place, knowing full well that something is going to jump out of somewhere to scare me. Why do people think that's fun? I have to admit, in the eight years that I have faithfully been going, I am getting desensitized. It's not quite as scary as it once was.
We went to Nightmare on 13th. It was good, I guess. Very scary.
Scott, Lysa, Izzy & Sen
My nieces, the oldest two, Senekah and Izabele came with us this year for their first time. They both were very brave even though most of the haunters would follow them around. (Lucky for me!) They both said they definitely want to go back next year, which makes me feel really wimpy.
As usual, Cam was going around, telling all the haunters our names and picking up people to get them closer to Freddie, Jason, Vampires or whoever. There was one room which when you walked in it looked like you were on the very edge of a skyscraper. Immediately, I clung to the wall and started shimming through the room. Cam got close to the edge and realized it was just mirrors. Poor Jill almost had a heart attack when Cam picked her up and pretended to throw her over the edge. I've never heard her so scared. Of course, the whole family was just standing there, laughing, watching Jill freak out. Oh, the abuse.....
Here are some pictures from that night...
Dasa and Zach ;)
Gretchen (pregnant with baby Madden) & Troy
Me & Cam


3 comments:

Krista said...

Er, it looks like tons of fun being with your family but I'm not a big fan of scary things either. like snakes. yikes. I also do not do well with chainsaws at haunted houses because I forget they really don't cut you but they seem so real and I get paralyzed in fear.
ps did you pee your pants at any point?

Annie said...

Cute picture of you and Cam. I cannot and will not ever go into any sort of haunted house EVER!!! I'll stick to carving pumpkins and trick or treating cause I do think I would pee my pants:)

Annie

Jen said...

Did Cam tell all the scary people your name again? I wouldn't put it past him!