Those of you who know Cam well usually see him with a 32 oz. Diet Coke or Dr. Pepper. When I first met him, he was always carrying around a drink and stopping for refills. He would always want to go on drives in the morning and we would have to stop for a drink. I thought it was a funny habit, but really didn't think much of it. Apparently ever since Cam can remember the first thing he would do in the morning is get up and go on 'drink drives' with his mom. Jill would go through the drive-thru at McDonalds and get her Diet Coke with extra, extra ice (back then it was a Tab) and then drive around for a little while before getting on with her day. I always thought this was a White Family tradition. Little did I know that most people around here go on 'drink drives' throughout the day. Our family definitely participates in the 'drink drives'. It used to be a Saturday morning tradition until Cam's parents moved in. Now little Anders searches for Jill in the morning to go one her drink drive with her. Today, we went on a little drive to check out the mountains. When I asked Anders if he wanted to go he perked right up and said, "Drink Drive!! Yeah!!!" I am a fan of the drink drives but only in small doses. It can be relaxing, just driving up the canyon or nosing around neighborhoods. But it is short-lived with my kids. They tend to get restless after about 15 minutes.
It's such a quircky phenomenon that I thought I should pass it on.
10.21.2007
Drink Drives
Posted by
Erin
at
10/21/2007 03:16:00 PM
Labels: Round 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your blog is so fun to read!! I had to pass the word on to Kathy so she could enjoy the fun stories too.
You've told me about these before, and I STILL don't get them!
Post a Comment