Do you have one of these?
If so, please tell me, how do you maintain any type of balance in your house?
Please.
Tell me.
That's desperation in my voice.
Could you tell?
That's desperation in my voice.
Could you tell?
My son has been abducted by the wii.
He craves it.
Talks about it incessantly.
He no longer feels the need go outside,
ride his bike,
eat,
communicate with the living.
communicate with the living.
He prefers the land of Mario or Lego Star Wars.
The games have taken over.
My son is turning into a gamer.
Darn you Jay!
The games have taken over.
My son is turning into a gamer.
Darn you Jay!

3 comments:
So sorry! This is what we've been using to keep things under control: http://www.amazon.com/BOB-Screen-Time-Manager-Manage/dp/B000GU78UY. It makes my life so much easier. (I just have to forget that I bought an electronic device to manage another electronic device, when it would be cheaper and easier to just get rid of the first one.)
srsly. My six year old is the same way. A few months back we started a thing where the rule was no Wii during the week no matter what. Wii only on weekends, if he didn't ask. If he asked (his asking consists of asking every five minutes) then he lost the priviledge for the weekend.
Also, we use it as a tool to help him be good. If there's certain behaviors during the week we don't like--he loses the Wii for the weekend.
It's actually worked amazingly surprisingly well.
For now, I know he's only being good so he can play Wii, but for now I'll take it. :):)
Good luck!
I feel you. I really do.
Post a Comment