2.02.2010

Sneaky


This morning at precisely 4 am, Estela woke up in a tizzy.
So, I rolled out of bed to go give her some comfort.
When I opened my bedroom door, I noticed Anders door was closed.
And there was a faint glow coming from his room.
Followed by Dora the Explorer's voice yelling, "Vaminos!"

I opened the door to find my little sneaky man, sprawled out in his bed, watching (you guessed it) Dora with our portable DVD player.
At 4 in the morning.

Since my eyes weren't really open yet, I grabbed the TV and quickly shut it off.
I mean, who can handle Dora's chipper-ness at 4 in the morning?
After that I could finally start to think, then process what was going on.

"Anders, what are you doing?"
"Uhhh, just watching a little show."
"Really? It's the middle of the night! It's time to be sleeping."
"I know. But I wanted to see what happens, mom."
"Oh. Good grief. Go to bed. And no waking up to watch TV."
"Ok. Good night mom."

Needless to say, Anders went to bed at 7 tonight to make up for however long he was awake last night, with the promise of not waking up to find out where Dora's off to next.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I'm sorry but you have great posts and I love to be your secret stalker. :) I love anders. He is so cool.

Anonymous said...

him and bean should get an apartment together. like right now.