1.12.2010
January
Doesn't this picture just scream, 'January!' at you?
You know what I mean...
The funk that is January.
The end of the commotion of holiday bustling.
And the empty beginning of a new year.
A blank canvas.
A vast empty land, waiting to be cultivated.
Or, a place to just sit and breathe for a minute.
January tends to be a waiting place month.
Waiting...
For smog to clear.
For a fresh layer of snowman-friendly snow.
For a day full of bright wintery sunshine.
For Ady to turn six. (Six? yes...SIX!)
For me to find my courage. To brave the cold and venture out of my house.
For the year to show signs of life.
But.
For moments in January, the world seems to pause.
And empty the screen.
Making you decide exactly what the day will hold.
Whether you will hibernate and wait out the winter.
Or peak your head out and wait for the sun.
Today was a hibernation day.
Posted by
Erin
at
1/12/2010 10:12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sometimes I feel like I'd be intruding on your posts to leave a comment--your writing is so personal and stream of consciousness, that it feels like I'd be trying to jump in your brain--but I wanted to let you know I love your style! It's so unique and honest. Thanks for sharing.
love this post. Today is so beautiful it's unfortunate that I am inside. I'm doing the ol potty trainin' thang. But many days I like to hibernate too. :)
Anna, you are so right. Erin should be making us millions and taking us all to the beach with her bc of her amazing gift of writting. And Erin, its time to come out of hibernation and get up and run with me. Good for the soul, plus you can feel less guilty about your afternoon nap.
Post a Comment