12.11.2009

fundamental facts



Sometimes I wish I could dvr my thoughts and return to them later. At a more opportune time to record them or at least dissect them. it seems like those quiet moments to meditate and ponder life’s’ questions come in big gusts like the wind. Often blowing through manically, suspending everything in its path and then dropping the answers ‘helter skelter’ throughout my brain’s path.

So as I sit here, trying to untie my knotted thoughts and straighten them out through the computer I stumbled on an old path. An old thought path. So, I thought I’d dust off my noggin and let loose my fingers.

There are few things I cling to in my life. Cleave to., really And when rattled or disheveled I grip tightly with all my minds’ might. These thoughts are the fundamental building blocks that have sculpted me, focused me and most of all lifted me.

-I am a child of God.
This simple truth was revealed to me as early as I can remember. But in all its simplicity and overwhelming responsibility it has given me purpose, dedication and above all unyielding love. It is a truth I see everyday. To know that I am His daughter, individually, fills me with emotional awe. It seems I have always known that He loves me and looks after me. At times I take this truth for granted and forget the power behind it. But, then there are times, like yesterday as I was doing the dishes, that I feel our Creators’ love fill in the room and my heart over flows with compassion and hope. I know that I am a child of God. And I know that you are one too.

-I am me.
I don’t claim to be an overly confidant person. Being quiet and sometimes awkward has labeled me as an introvert. Which I quite agree with. And happen to like. I have always liked being me. In fact, I will boldly say I love it. Not all my days are covered in rainbows and sunshine. I have flaws. Many that I know about and many more that are discovered daily. But at the end of the day, when I sprawl and stretch myself out in bed, before curling up into a ball on my side, I take a deep breath and count myself as lucky and wonderfully blessed.

-The only constant in life is change.
I set my roots to the ground quickly. I detest change, sometimes fear it. I like to be comfortable. And I feel confident when I know where I am and who I’m with. But I, fortunately, married someone who attracts change, seeks it out even. He pushes me to move, grow, try. He supports and sometimes forces new places, new foods, new hobbies. And through these new experiences I have found new parts of myself.

There is also comfort in knowing things are constantly changing. That during the droughts of life, there will follow the refreshing rain. That “this to shall pass”.
 

6 comments:

paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paige said...

Wow Erin, what a deep and thought provoking post! You put it so eloquently and perfectly.

I love you just the way you are too! We introverts gotta stick together :)

Krista said...

I love you erin. That was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Why arent you getting paid to write? You are so talented. I hate that I keep telling you that and you still are not getting paid! Do something about it! Damnit Erin, You write something and I will take care of the rest. okay? Do we have a deal? You are the next Stephanie Meyer or JK Rowling. Dont you get that?

Kathryn said...

I agree with Lysa. I think you have a way of writing which leaves everyone waiting for more.

You're awesome.

And cute.

PS. Wyatt is introverted too & I love that about him.

Annalisa said...

I've been missing our Logan days lately and reading this makes me REALLY miss you as a roommate. You've always been so figured out while the rest of us our still looking. Love you!