I'm not so quick on the uptake. It's true. Quite often I'm lagging a few paces behind on most things in this life. And try as I might, being on time, front and center and fully prepared is not one of my strong suits. For some reason I am easily distracted and perplexed. Gullible, as well. That is me.
So, as one could imagine, when life is trying to teach me a lesson it quite often has to be on repeat.
I get the pleasure of having random life events pop up one after the other all seemingly trying to tell me one thing. Or more likely someone is waving their arms high in the air, yelling exhaustively, "Erin, Pay attention!" or "Look over here!!"
So, the resounding theme playing in my head lately has been a simple one. Which (thank the stars!) is good for me. I work best in simplicity. After all, I have been a sunbeam teacher for almost ten years now, minus the two I was in the nursery. I think someone out there is trying to tell me something. (That being: my comprehension level.)
The first spark that lit up my feeble mind was at Adysen's pre-school graduation. When we enrolled Ady at her previous pre-school her teacher, Mrs. Wilkinson, guaranteed one thing: that Ady would be loved. She said she would get her as ready for Kindergarten as possible. But most importantly, Ady would know and enjoy an environment where she felt loved.
Sold!
And loved she was.
So, during the graduation closing remarks, when Mrs. Wilkinson took a moment and choked up talking about these seventeen little four year olds, the love was palpable. She said that, "In the twenty-some what years she has been teaching pre-school, she made it a point to fall in love with each child." That's over 800 students who have felt loved by this teacher.
And that is exactly where the spark hit a nerve in my brain.
It is incomprehensible exactly what the heart is capable of.
6.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that made me cry.
why arent you writting books? You and Kathryn both have this amazing God given talent, why arent you both getting rich off of it??
and why is Kathryn the only person who ever comments on my blog, I realize its not that great, but I think you can try and fake saying something nice!!
okay okay!!! You dont have to comment on everything out of guilt ya know!! but , i do laugh my head off at what you always have to say.
Erin, seriously, you have such a great writing style. I loved reading this post.
Post a Comment