We ran into some friends walking around the Gateway a couple weeks ago. After we made the initial conversation starters, i.e. How are you? What have you been up to?, we went to the next good old stand by. High School. This is the point in the conversation where I usually zone out. (1) Because I didn't high school in Utah and (2) Because Cam knows practically everyone, somehow. So during this part of the conversation I was staring off into space possibly humming a little song in my head, when we moved onto the next step. "Oh, Erin. Where did you go to high school?" Yep. My turn. It's always short and sweet. "Oh. I grew up back east." Usually, I get the sympathy nod and quiet, "Oh." But this time, someone asked, "Where?" I replied, "I went to high school in Connecticut." Then that someone said, "Hmmm. I had a roommate from Connecticut. And he was a real snob. He thought he was better than everyone else. So I just figured that people from Connecticut acted like that. (Ummm, Who says that?) Then it was my turn for the sympathy nod and the quiet, "Oh."
But secretly inside my brain I wanted to say, "We only act snobby because we are better than everyone else." ;)
5.28.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
hmmm, what is Erin really thinking? I'm going to be self conscious around you now ;0).
Ha Ha-larious! I heart CT too! I've seriously wanted to say that some times myself. :)
I LOVE IT!!! I WISH YOU WOULDVE SAID THAT!! Erin you are better than all of them, i mean it.
I still get the East snob thing! Nothing like being pigeon-holed into a stereotype. Ah well, nothing like proving them wrong, either. :)Ange
You are such an east coast snob. That's what I like most about you.
I had a roommate from CT too! Boy, was she ever a snob!! Hmmm, wonder what ever happened to her?
I am very fond of people from the east coast, if that makes you feel any better.
Seriously...WHO SAYS THAT!???? You rock ;)
Post a Comment