by Shel Silverstein
I like my personal space. I married someone who needs none. I often joke that Cam's favorite things is when I snuggle next to him and just stare at him. Yes, he needs that much attention. I think that having Cam break through my "distance wall" was a good prep class becoming a mom. I didn't realize how much of my day would be spent hugging, holding, kissing, soothing and snuggling. I tried to be all scientific and keep an affection log yesterday. (I know. Nerdy. But you should all know that by now.) But I lost track. It's a lot though. Trust me.I never really thought that it was that important. All that affection. But now that I've lived with it for so long, I couldn't imagine my day with out copious amounts of slobbery kisses and wiggly cuddles.

4 comments:
This is funny you blogged about this because I've actually thought about keeping a log on how many kisses and hugs Cohen gets a day but like you I lost count. Then I think about all the kids out there that don't get any hugs and kisses and it makes me sad. If I knew who they were I would hug and kiss them too.
PS. This is Annalisa not Clayton :)
I would hug and kiss them too. I realized that when I had Gage, how sad it is that some kids don't get all the hugs and kisses..lets find them.
I got such a kick out of this post. Isn't it just the truth. I love the idea of keeping a log. I love it and know it won't last long, but sometimes I just need to not be touched. Great post. I was also quite perplexed about the above post also, it too Adam pointing it out to me that it must have been Cameron. Funny. I am completely supporting a hijacking of the FB account. Think of all the people you will reach. We should get together soon. It has been way too long again.
Post a Comment