9.10.2008

Fair Enough


Q. What major life experience do introduce to your ten day old baby?
A. Why, the Utah State Fair, of course.

So, I felt somewhat irresponsible for taking little Estela to the Fair when she was so brand new to the world. But as Cam and I thought about it, what a better way to let her see for herself the exquisiteness that Utah can offer. Plus, in all reality, we fit right in. I'm not sure if that should disturb me.
It is now a tradition to go to the 'stinky' Fair, as Ady has named it, if only to enjoy the Big Yellow Slide. It is an awesome slide AND death defying adventure. It's put together so well, very sturdy..not at all wobbly from the millions of times they've had to put it up and down. Every time I get to the top I always think, 'Why am I doing this again?' I think Anders felt the same way because he decided the Big Yellow Slide was too scary. (That's the McEntire in him...We don't really like amusement park rides...) Ady, on the other hand, was cheering and chanting, 'Again. Again. Again.'


I love the Fair as well. I admit it.
Only for the endless hours of people watching.
The Fair brings out the best crowds.



My kids had their first taste of Cotton Candy.



And little Estela slept through it all.
I think she was a little overwhelmed by all the diversity the Fair brings out.
We're just doing our part to give our kids a well rounded cultural experience.

1 comments:

CUTRER said...

carnies freak Paul out! LOL he never wants to go becuase when he was a teen some one glocked him in the face in a fight over some girl. Get over it right but I like to and see the funny people.