6.06.2008

icannotletgoPhone


We have a new addition to our family. It was quite unexpected, actually. It goes everywhere we go. Provides constant entertainment, to some. And has amazing qualities. We didn't know what we were missing.

Cam came home with the iPhone, one for me and one for him, a couple weeks ago. Those of you who know Cam can understand that he can become quite obsessive. Overly obsessive at times. The iPhone has taken it to a whole new level. Although I love my phone (who knew I would like being able to access the internet anytime or have a program that shows me exactly where Cam is anytime throughout the day plus all the fun games you can download....) Cameron cannot live without his iPhone. Every time I turn around he's emailing, playing a game or just simply holding it with a look of awe in his eyes. I wish I could say he was this way about newborn babies....

The iPhone even sleeps next to Cam, replacing his ancient, but beloved alarm clock. It's the last thing Cam sees at night and the first thing he cuddles up to in the morning. He's constantly mumbling, "I don't know what I would do without you," and, "You're amazing" to his new best friend. His favorite feature is the random display of wallpaper, a picture slide show if you will, of miscellaneous iPhone wall art. We are eating dinner, watching the slide show, at the park with the kids, playing iPhone pool. While I'm driving, he is playing the puzzle game parking lot. Sitting in church, playing tetris. And this doesn't include all the time he spends talking on the phone.

Although I love the iPhone, I have had to put my foot down and give the iPhone a timeout once in a while. (But somehow the phone always sneaks back out) He seems to forget that he needs to interact with humans every now and then. It wasn't until Ady had to repeat herself five times that I had to wake Cam up from his iPhone trance and yell, "Answer her!!!" that I knew we had a problem.

Oh, to be young and in love again.......

9 comments:

Gretchen J said...

I think Steve feels the same way about his "Crack"berry as Cam feels about the iPhone. I am married to Steve and Blackberry! I think I will start doing time outs or else send him to rehab!!

paige said...

Tyler cheats on Cam; Cam cheats on Tyler. I just didn't know it would be with an object. Oh well. See you tomorrow.

Chelsea said...

I'm so glad my Tyler doesn't even ever want to own a computer. He doesn't text and he's not glued to his phone. Sometimes he just leaves it at home. This lack of technolegy/communication addiction is something that was a non-negotiable with me for dating. Thank GOD he fit the mold. haha

oh yeah i can't believe you guys got iphones. hahaha!

Emma said...

Funny, I thought you were talking about Blair and his iPhone. And I love that Cam bought you one too because that's exactly what Blair did. I think they feel a little less guilty about buying them if they buy one for us. I'm not complaining, it is a fun toy, I mean phone. But c'mon, it's not THAT great.

cAM said...

Hey EVERYONE, iPhone really is that great!

Chelsea, you're so alternative.

Paige, I don't cheat, I replace, especially when I get double booked. You're fired!

Annalisa said...

Ha! This is funny. I really want one too.

onnuh said...

I sure hope that Jay wasn't solely responsible for this new addiction, but it's nice having someone who knows EXACTLY what I'm dealing with on a daily basis with iPhone polygamy.

j said...

I have on word for you......iPhysics. Best IPhone game evar!

paige said...

Cam is now 2 people from Boston Legal Jerry and Denny Crane. Cameron White name on the door.