3.25.2008

Uh-Huh


Ady comes walking into the kitchen complaining that she has a bone in her nose. I quickly dismissed her saying, "We all have a bone in our nose." She looked at me funny and went back to what she was doing. Three minutes later she came back saying, "Mommy...there is a bone in my nose!" Experiencing deja vu, I said, "Right. You have a bone in your nose. It's ok." Repeat this conversation another three or four times and I finally sat down with her and asked her to show me the bone. Sure enough, Ady had shoved a little plastic doggie bone (from a Barbie toy) up her nose and it was stuck. After a couple pretend sneezes it came right out, thankfully. Maybe next time I will pay a little more attention to Ady's ailments.

6 comments:

lucy said...

thanks for the laugh!!

Krista said...

I'm totally laughing right now. I LOVE this story. Ady, please help your momma out. I have a bone to pick with you. okay. I'm a nerd.

Jen said...

LOVE HER! This made me laugh out loud...

Annie said...

You have me cracking up right now. I had to read this little story to Marc. This is classic! Thanks for sharing.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! Alex use to put popcorn seeds up his nose that was so horrible I had to have him blow his nose a gazillion times to get them out!!!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! Alex use to put popcorn seeds up his nose that was so horrible I had to have him blow his nose a gazillion times to get them out!!!