Last weekend, Cam and I along with our faithful traveling buddies, Paige and Tyler, took off to Chicago. Cameron has been wanting to revisit his mission since I met him, basically, so we finally committed to 'just going'. Chicago was awesome! I love big cities, Boston being my favorite for sentimental reasons, but Chicago is definitely up there on the list. There's jazz music, really cool architecture, great shopping, good museums, broadway shows all within the city. No, we didn't see Oprah. (which is also a big plug for visiting Chicago) Darn.
Here are a few highlight from our quick trip:
1. Wicked: It was wicked awesome!!! We could only get two tickets to the show due to poor planning. oops. Tyler and I were really vocal about seeing it, so Paige (who already saw the show in New York) spent the afternoon window shopping with Cam while Ty and I went to the show. It was a great show!!! We also went to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular and a comedy club.
2. Bears Game: Cam and Tyler decided to go to the Bears game (in the rain/snow) and scalp tickets. Tyler, being a pro at scalping, instigated the deal with two 'shady' ticket sellers. They paid $100 per ticket, totally excited for the game. Upon entering the stadium, they found out that these tickets were fake. I think Homer Simpson said it best by saying, "D'oh." Poor Cam was down trodden, ready to wave the white flag in defeat. Luckily Tyler was there to knock some sense into him. Tyler's motto was, "We made it this far. We are not turning around empty handed." So the boys sucked it up and bought some real tickets for $65. Moral of the story: Make sure you can get in the stadium before the shady scalpers take off with your money.
3. Uno: Since living in the Willowbrook apartments in Provo, the four of us, Ty and Cam versus Paige and I, have had some serious Uno games. We play girls against the boys, with the boys usually whipping us. We contribute their wins to the two years (aka. their mission) they spent mastering the game. The only exception has been when we travel outside of Utah. For some reason the Uno gods favor Paige and I when we are vacationing. And I have to say, they liked us this trip. Paige and I kicked some Uno butt. What was even better was the trash talking that took place during the Uno game. Good times, at least for the girls.
Poor Ty, always ends up spilling something.
I think I just gained a pound by looking at that dessert again. They were yum, yum, yummy!


I think I just gained a pound by looking at that dessert again. They were yum, yum, yummy!
Eating some more!!!
I have to thank the grandparents for taking care of our little ones over the weekend. Although it has only been a week since we left, I'm ready for another get away. Is that bad?????
4 comments:
GOOD TIMES!! I have the best idea ever, we should totally plan a vacation with you two, it would be so funnnnn. Love ya!
So...Cam and Ty look like brothers and you and Paige look like sisters! Wierd! Looks like you had fun, but you would have had even MORE fun with US! Maybe next time! Loves.
wicked fun vacation. I'm really glad you got to see wicked. I hope you are going to wear a wicked ugly sweater to the party too. None of this cutesy sweater business.
Honestly I don't know what I like more about Chicago, the fact that you can go there and feel so healthy and skinny about yourself because a "normal chicagoian" believes that every meal should be fried, or the fact that Cam was able to continue his missionary work and donate $200 to a lost soul.
Post a Comment