8.13.2012

Doodle


I look at those cheeks and want to eat him up.
And he lets me. Endures my face all up in his.
It's my right as a mom.

Pars is my saving grace somedays.
When I've had it with the world and want to throw in the towel, I look at that little face and smile. I can't help it. He has the effect on me.
And a big toothy grin comes right back.
It makes everything seem right. Every minute seem worth it.

Even today, during our outing to the dollar movies while it was Pars' nap time. I took that wiggly whiney 10 month old sack of potatoes out into the hallway and put him on the floor in a frustrated plop. He looked up at me with his big blue eyes and giggled while flapping his hands. And I couldn't be mad. Exhausted? Yes. But mad? Nope.

He brings a light to our family that we didn't know was missing.
He really is our sunshine.

1 comments:

cAM said...

Doodle-bop!