1.16.2012

The Boss

This little one came in my room this morning on a mission.

"Mom." She stated.

"I need ice cream." She commanded.

"For breakfast?" I questioned.

"Yes! For Breakfast! My throat is telling me it NEEDS ice cream." She explained, calmly.

"Ice cream is a dessert. Not a breakfast." I reasoned.

"Mom. Listen. Listen to my throat." She walked over and put her throat to my ear.

"Did you hear that, Mom? My throat said ice cream." She pointed out.

"Oh." I remarked, enlightened by my three year olds throat. "I guess I can't argue with your throat."

"Right." She smiled. "You have to listen to my throat."

For the record, Stela did not have ice cream for breakfast. We did the quick 'redirection' trick with oatmeal. For example: "I know your throat said it wanted ice cream, but your tongue told me it wanted oatmeal."

It only kind of worked...

0 comments: