I guessed this was my alarm clock for the morning.
I laid awake in bed, listening to the familiar sounds of our home, the buzzing fans, the hum of the furnace, the reassuring creaks and felt at peace. Not just peace, but an over flowing amount of it. The kind where your heart swells into your throat. And the only explanation or thought pulsing through you at that moment is, 'how on earth did I get so lucky?'
I'm grateful for the quiet places in my life.
The moments that freeze time and allow me to see the divine beauty that exists all around me.
It indeed does make me feel very, very lucky.
2 comments:
Oh I've missed you so! Love this time to reflect for you. I find that sometimes too but Sisi or Kai's breath now stinks...bleh in the morning. :) I love babies though. They still have decent breaths. :) We're moving out end of June time. Can I please see you? Are you still hibernating?
You are the best mommy. And the best person. And the best sister. And why don't we hang out 24/7 anymore? What happened? And where is my laughing friend? laughing until I pee my pants. Or you do. Bc you usually beat me at peeing.
Post a Comment