Hello World.
I have missed you.
I have missed writing down my random thoughts. And giggling at myself. Because, if I'm being honest, I find myself hilarious sometimes. Just thought I'd throw that in there.
It's not to say I haven't blogged in my head. Or have had things happen that screams, "BLOG THIS!" But, the truth is, I've been lazy. Well, not lazy exactly.
I've been drugged and forced into a zombie-like hibernation state. The drug, you wonder?
A fetus, y'all. A tiny little pea (grape? peanut? who knows?) sized life is taking over my will to live. Or more accurately, move.
For example, I was at the grocery store. (Impressive, right?) I was walking down the isles, getting the five things on my list. (The list is crucial or else I would have forgotten why I was there at all.) And I saw the bread I had been craving. It seemed to have a spotlight shining right on it, possible glitter floating about it. It was like I had won the golden ticket to finally see Wonka's factory. Yes, Grandma Sycamore's white fluffy bread. It's that good. I know it probably doesn't count as real bread because it's packed full of white unbleached flour and corn syrup and whatever else the smart nutritionalist say not to eat. But my body said, "Yes, please!!!! Grab it!" Only that was the problem. I had to reach for it and put it in my cart. The zombie in me said, "That sounds exhausting. Let's go lay down." And I have to listen to zombies. So I left, without my white carb-overload of goodness bread. Went home. Laid down and thought all about how good that toast would of tasted. Mmmmmm...toasty white bread.....
Shoot.
The fuzzy haze of pregnant choices. Fog, everywhere.
Today, I felt a little sun breaking through. I had a spurt of energy.
And I gave it to you. I blogged.
Now, I need a nap.

4 comments:
Hip Hip Horray!!!! Congratulations. I am so happy for both of you. Yeah, I'm not the only crazy one that's going to have four kiddos running around. I hope you make it through the exhaustion phase in one piece. Lots of love!!!
Congrats for that little pea! What does it say about me that I want to sleep too! I don't have a little pea? Hmmm. I hope you get your energy back! Or just nap. I love naps.
I knew it! As soon as I saw you had blogged again I thought/hoped you were pregnant! Don't worry, if I ever blog again it will NOT be because a fifth Burkhart is on the way. Although that might motivate me a little... Congrats to you and the family!!!
I LOVE that the bread had glitter floating around it..Ice cream cones and glitter..could it get any better?? YES IT COULD..MAKE THEM ALL HOT PINK!
Post a Comment