4.20.2010

Allergies


Artwork by Susan Hazzard


For the past three days, our windows have been permanently open. Inviting the fresh spring air to stroll through our home.  The sun has been blazing.  Bright enough for me to break out the 50 spf sunscreen. (We are pale over here. That doesn't help.) There is popcorn in the trees. Or blossoms, if you want to get technical. I planted my 'spring' garden. I threatened the soy beans. (I think that's an ancient gardening technique they don't tell you about. I'll let you know if they listen and do what they are supposed to. You know, like, grow.) My kids have abandoned shoes all together and opt for the bloody foot method. "Mom! My toe is bleeding again!" We have already devoured an entire Costco pack of otter pops. (With help from the neighborhood kids.) If I didn't know any better, I would think it's summer out here.

But. There is one scratchy, runny, foggy clue that it is firmly spring here in these parts.

And I thank you in advance Allegra, for allowing me to inhale the spring air without sneezing, enjoy the beauty of the blooms with out clawing my eyes out, even if you make me a little sleepy.

1 comments:

Lysa said...

sleepy is good. It makes you feel numb. Thats a good feeling. And sometimes a necessary one.