Black Socks:4.5 v. Cam:0.5
To add to my resume of mommyhood, that being a chef, chauffeur, financial planner, nose-wiper, nurse, problem solver, trouble shooter, therapist, mediator, diaper changer, maid, gardener (to name a few), I also get to be the sock retriever.
Everyday Cam comes home from work, sits on our bed Mr. Rogers style, takes of his shoes and chucks them in the closet, then his socks, which he lobs to the laundry basket about 6 or 8 feet away. In the eight years we have been married I think he has landed both socks in the basket successfully...once. The number of times he has picked the rejected sock up and placed it nicely in the laundry basket...zero.
9 comments:
that's awesome. at least he aims to do it right? My hubby just throws them on the side of our bed...granted we don't even have a laundry hamper in our room. I know, I'm setting up BAD habits...
Sorry, I can't relate. All socks in this household are immediately dropped on the floor, never to be touched again by the suspected owner until clean and back in his (or her) drawer.
Oh Cam, I really didn't want to know this about you. Erin is sooooo nice. I probably would stick all those socks back in your drawer without washing them or better yet swish them in the toilet and hang dry them without telling you and then stick them back in your drawer. I know, I know Passive Agressive. It's a downfall. loved the post. you guys are too funny!
Im with Paige, at least he gets them close to the basket, Scott and the rest of them think that the couch is the best place for their socks, and for some reason they are always back in their drawer clean when they need them again! It must be nice to have some little fairy that cleans up all your sh#*!!!
I swear boys come wired that way!
ok ladies we need to form and up roar who is with me?! I have been w/Paul for 13 yrs and this is one thing I don't get, why can't the socks make it in the basket??? It's realy not that hard. And the funny thing is that the kids get bugged that Paul drops his clothing every day either infront of the tv or by the side of his bed. I am with Lucy. OH how funny about Cam taken his socks like Mr. Roger
Is this a guy disease or something? We have "In vs. On" lessons periodically: In the basket vs. On the floor. It works for about a day. My husband walks right by the hamper to take them off by the bed and then leaves them there. He claims it's so he can put them back on in the morning, but somehow they end up staying there till I get sick of them. Hmmmm....
Great resume list. I love it! I relate to this blog on all levels possible. Thanks for the laugh-
Ok, the fact that they're even in the vicinity of the hamper is a good thing, right?
Reminds me of my clever sister in law...her hubby would leave a trail of clothes down the hallway as he undressed. He came home one day and found each and every item nailed to the floor!
Post a Comment