
I am officially blogging. I am patting myself on the back. Not only did it take me a couple months to figure this blog thing out, but I also had to figure out how to use all the tools and other mind boggling things. It is a small miracle that I am even writing anything. So...Wahoo!
First off, is it really October?!? When did summer end? And for that matter, when did summer begin? Someone please press pause, or at least the slow-mo button. I need to catch my breath eventually.
I guess I will fill in everyone on our eventful summer. It seemed like Utah skipped spring and dove into the desert heated summer right away, so we spent a lot of time at the pool. It was both fun and exhausting, especially when I ventured to the pool alone. Trying to catch two kids doing cannonballs into the pool was a workout. We spent a month in swimming lessons. Ady and Anders loved every minute of it. They are are little fish. It kept us busy.
We got treated to a White family vacation up to Jackson Hole. It was a great trip! We were staying in an old whore house (Or so we thought. The owners told us that at first, but then admitted they had no idea if it were true.) in downtown Jackson Hole. We ran the river a couple of times, went horseback riding, saw some good old cowboy shows and ate some good food. Ady and Anders had a blast going down the river. Anders kept trying to jump in. Adysen liked floating through the calm parts, but wasn't too excited about the rapids. Second time around she kept trying to convince us to skip the Big Kahuna. She wasn't too thrilled when the Big Kahuna soaked her again! The kids loved the horses. Ady now thinks that every horse we see is Dandy, the name of her horse. Overall, it was good times with the fam.


We spent plenty of time in the canyons. We would mostly go up and have tin-foil dinners. The kids loved playing in the streams and getting dirty. Anders seems to be a magnet for anything filthy. Overall, it was nice to get out of the heat and cool down. There also was plenty of barbecues and hanging out friends which made the time fly.
As for me...I was both thrilled and sad to get my hands on the last Harry Potter book. I realize I am almost thirty and (yes, Lysa) Harry's not real, but it was a definite good bye to a great friend. I was able to celebrate with great friends and discuss every detail, theory, ending imaginable. It was a fun preoccupation. I also fell in love with Edward from Twilight. Thanks to Ashley for lending me the book. I have now made everyone I know read it, if they haven't already. It was definitely a good summer of books.
So, now it's turning cold and changing colors. This is the time of the year I miss New England the most. Ady has started pre-school..again...where is that pause button? My little Anders got his first major hair-cut. (about a month ago) We were going to just let it grow but the poor thing was sweating all the time! He now looks so old and acts it too. We are getting ready for Halloween. Of course Ady is terrified of everything. Poor thing is gutsy like her mom. Which reminds me...
The White family has a crappy Haunted House tradition every year. I'm surprised I lived through the first one. Cameron was telling all the crazy 'haunters' my name so all through the haunted house I heard, 'Erin' and other random scary things...I'm scarred for life. He also picked me up and threw me into the chainsaw guy. That was a treat. We are going this coming weekend....I'm sweating already...wish me luck.
9.27.2007
Wahoo!
Posted by
Erin
at
9/27/2007 03:32:00 PM
Labels: The First
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Erin,
I am so glad to see you blogging. My friend Andrea talked me into it and I am loving it. Good to see some updated pictures of the family!
Annie
Erin!!!! I love your blog, I love even more seeing pics of you and the fam--Ady and Anders are the perfect mix of Erin-Cam-Cuteness. You are as beautiful and youthful as ever, by the way. And, just a note, New England is beautiful this time of year--you should REALLY come VISIT!!! Love you to peices, Tam
Yay for the nerds!! I'm loving your blog. Now just keep us posted and you know if you really wanted you could make an album out of your blog. I loved anders cute hair. sad you had to cut it but he is still so darn cute but its like he's not a baby anymore! let's hang out soon.
Yipee! Even though we do keep in touch pretty well, it will be fun to spy on your blog! I'm happy you wrote a little tribute to Harry...I am still grieving that its over. But we DID have a pretty bitchin going out party.
We had a blast with you last weekend...we need to do another "without the kids" night soon!
Woo-woo!
ERIN, YOU ARE #1!!!
NERD!
E-Knee,
What is this business about the Whites "crappy" haunted house tradition? The best was when the creepy guy followed you into the back of the suburban..Weren't you prego?
Loves,
G
I love your blog!!! Nice job...keep up the posts.
You rock Erin. Fun to read all the stuff I already know about :). Coo-Coo would love this even more since I'm sure she forgot most of it by now! See ya this weekend at the haunted house and btw, BOO!
E-
We need more blogs...keep em coming:)
omg welcome to the online insanity:) Tell Cam not to read my blog. lol
Post a Comment